Join an exclusive Carnival treasure hunt in Venice and discover the city’s hidden treasures by playing!
You’ll be given a map to start you on the treasure hunt, but that’s not all - after downloading the app on your phone, this will become your compass and your personal automatic storyteller, recounting the secrets of the city and of this festive period.
The treasure hunt will take you across the city, leading you into unexplored corners, and of course passing through the heart of Venice and the Carnival: St. Mark’s Square.
During the hunt, you’ll have to take a picture of at least 3 points highlighted on the map. At the end, the treasure will be yours: one white Carnival mask, you will personalize it with a professional mask maker!
- Start at Campo San Gallo 1093/b, Venice Tours office, a few steps from St. Mark’s Square
- Wander through impressive squares such as Campo Manin, Campo Santo Stefano and Campo Sant’Anzolo. These are not squares per se, as the word 'campo' actually means 'field'
- Discover hidden treasures like the Scala Contarini del Bovolo
- Then, you will head for the ancient Calle degli Assassini
- Cross the ponte delle Ostreghe, a bridge which is a testament to Venice’s ancestral fishing tradition
- Don't miss the churches. Most have incredible anecdotes and even great scandals associated with them. The church of San Maurizio, not so scandalous, hosts a great collection of musical instruments. Venice is after all the city of music