Board a coach from our office in Barcelona to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth. Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day, their woodcarving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction. Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio-visual exhibition once the guided tour finishes.Meet again with your guide and head towards Sitges. This fisherman’s village is one of the most beautiful towns of the Catalan coast. See its narrow streets, beautiful beaches and vibrant cultural life. Follow your guide for a walking tour of this quaint town and learn about its history. Enjoy the free time provided and explore the streets on your own.
Montserrat and Sitges guided tour from Barcelona: from the mountain to the sea
- Discover the significant history of Montserrat and enjoy the amazing views
- See the Black Madonna popularly known as La Moreneta, located in the Basilica of Montserrat
- Enjoy the views of the coastline in Sitges
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors (handmade by the monks of the monastery)
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat 'Espai Audiovisual Montserrat'
- Guided walking tour in Sitges
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Carrer d'Alí Bei, 80, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- At Montserrat there is a mountainous climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
What people say about this experience
At the moment there are no reviews for this experience.
Discover La Pedrera with an audio-guided visit. Explore the Espai Gaudí, the Pedrera Apartment, the courtyards, the exhibition room, and the roof-terrace.
Discover one of Gaudí's masterpieces, a UNESCO World Heritage site and enjoy an immersive experience thanks to an intelligent audio guide.
en, it, fr, es, de, +8 pt, ru, nl, ja, pl, zh, ko, ca
Avoid the long lines and visit Sagrada Familia, one of the most-visited landmarks of Antoni Gaudí, with a multilingual audioguide included. Choose a small-group tour option to enjoy a personalized experience with a local guide!
en, fr, es
Buy your skip-the-line ticket to Park Güell and get lost in Gaudí's weird architectural wonderland. Book today and avoid waiting in lines!
Get all the best information for this Montserrat morning tour and book your tour, skipping the line, at official rates. Get informed, plan your trip and book tickets and tours for Barcelona.